The Addresses:


Sister Cassidy Cheyenne Steele
Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission
12025 Justice Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 80816

My email is cassidy.steele@myldsmail.net

Thursday, January 16, 2014

January and yes, I am building rockets


So it is. Not much time to write today, but it's a muggy day because it poured all night. Yep :) Thunderstorms in January.
Updates first--K's 10 year old daughter is being baptized on Saturday! It'll be a pretty good service.
We did a lot of service this week again....building....yep, you guessed it, rockets. Here I was last monday, in our little house, holding body tubes and CA in my hand and sort of laughing hysterically. I called president so he could okay the project, and he just laughed. If there was anyone who could ask that question, it'd be me.
uh....we biked all this week, so that was fun. On Saturday I managed to get a flat on the redline, and all of the members on our side of the river either didn't have any way to take the bikes or were out of town. So that was awkward. The elders had to come and rescue us. Which was even more awkward. Also, the redline has 29 inch tires, which are awesome but not standard, so walmart only has one brand of 29s. Meaning I got it but didn't have time to change the flat until after plannign that night. So at 10 at night I'm busy with the tire off the rim, angrily shaking the old tube, when I realize that the valve from the new tube...can't fit through the hole in my rim. 10:25 at night, no amount of persuasion, prayers, anger, or scissors could make that valve fit. So I frustratedly just left the bike unassembled on the floor until this morning, when I put it back together to bring it over to natchez to get the RIGHT tube from the bike shop. That was my grumpyface for the week.
We spoke in church yesterday (as we had been asked the night before), taught the sunbeams again, and did music time for Primary. I'm not playing every week anymore, but because our Bishop's wife is still taking care of a 3 week old, we're back to singing time for a little bit. Also, the sunbeams teacher's husband is in the hospital.
Nothing else particularly interesting happened this week. We biked a lot and saw people and taught and so on and so forth--y'know, missionary work.
OH! I don't know if I told you this story. We were tracting 2 weeks ago on a mondaynight. We had been invited to a relief society thing that night but really felt like we needed to work. Well, we were on this street and I felt SUPER impressed to go to this one particular door. I put it off because there was a guy talking on his phone outside and that's just *scary*. But the house I decided to go to no one answered, so I decided I'd better follow the spirit. Since the guy was still on the phone I just sort of asked him "is there anyone inside we could talk to?" And he went inside and a woman came out. I was going completely by the Spirit at this point and don't remember most of the conversation, aside from saying "we really don't know why we're here". But I do remember testifying of the importance of families. And about God's love for individuals. She agreed to let us meet with her over lunch last Wednesday. The whole encounter has been entirely Spirit-led, and on Tuesday night we were going to an appointment and decided to text her to verify we were okay to have lunch. She texted us back and said we were, and so we met the next day. All of us, including her and her husband, sort of expected her to bail. And yet here we were, talking about the atonement and how a family centered on  the teachings of Jesus Christ cannot fail. It was a REALLY spiritual experience, and I shared Alma 32:22, which is the "if ye have DESIRE to believe, let that desire work in you..." after I finished reading it, she literally said "that was perfect." She then asked for a copy of what we were reading and to bookmark that particular verse. We set up another appointment and as we were driving away the strongest impression came to me that I KNEW HER. I knew her from before. It sounds hokey, but my spirit recognized hers and THAT'S why I was prompted to knock on her door. If she there was only one person I needed to come to Vidalia for, it was her.I don't know where this will go, but even if she doesn't accept our message, our role as missionaries is to invite everyone to come unto Christ. Even if we don't get to the baptism portion, by helping others have faith in Him more than they had before, we are fufilling our purpose.
So that was my miracle for the week.
Love you!
Sis Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment