The Addresses:


Sister Cassidy Cheyenne Steele
Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission
12025 Justice Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 80816

My email is cassidy.steele@myldsmail.net

Sunday, March 3, 2013

I VOLUNTEER! I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!

-->
No. I'm not going to Panem, thank goodness.


I'm going to Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I know, everyone thought I was going to go international, but as I opened my call letter I knew but at that moment that the Lord has been the one who issued my call, and therefore that I was where I needed to be. As I read the words "Louisiana Baton Rouge  I knew it was right. The most powerful sense of peace I've ever felt in my life came over me and I knew that that confirmation was assuring me that the Lord approved of what I was doing, and that he said he would send me somewhere where I could touch the lives of others that maybe others couldn't touch. I already love the people, and haven't even met them yet! I report July 24th, 2013. Pioneer Day!
It hasn't been an easy route to this call. The week before I got my call was one of the worst weeks my life. It seems to the adversary was trying to throw everything he could at me to discourage me from accepting a call that the Lord had extended. Monday, my sister-in-law miscarried her baby. Is a huge blow to the entire family because we'd been praying so hard for her to keep it. I know that my pain was nothing compared to hers, but it was still hurts me as her sister-in-law. Tuesday, I found out one of my acquaintances up at Utah State has passed away after a series of illnesses. He was blind and had a wonderful seeing eye dog named Huck, and we had just really hit off our friendship before we broke at the semester. I wasn't really super good friends with him, but the blow took me by surprise and also really hurt.I felt like I was constantly in danger of losing my temper, and I could never really find any peace. Except for when I was at the Temple. I was always comfortable there. Finally, I was over hanging out with some friends at the Sports Academy and jumping on a trampoline when I jumped off and landed on my hand. I broke my wrist--snapped at the head of the radius. I spent 3 hours in the emergency room. They had to set the bone and now I'm stuck in a splint until tomorrow when I get it casted. This was the final hardship of a horrible week. 
All of this happened to the week my call was made. I understood something that week. The Lord does not permit the righteous to suffer adversity because He enjoys watching us in pain. He permits us to suffer because he knows we will grow. Rest assured, the pain does not come from Him.
Sometimes, the pain is because he needs someone else at home. Sometimes, it's that the timing isn't right. And sometimes, the pain comes from your own willfulness to do things you're not prepared to do. But I promise you: any pain you suffer, the Savior has already suffered. He will be with you every step of the way. He will not flee nor fail you.
Elder Bednar spoke tonight at a CES devotional about letting your will be swallowed up in the will of the Father. We have to have the faith to accept His will, regardless of our desires. I really encourage you to go watch it on lds.org. it really is a powerful talk given by an authorized servant of the Lord.
 I am so grateful to have the friends I do. Its hard at this age to be committed to the gospel, yet the people around me are incredible examples of just that. I feel like I could go on for hours of what I've learned from them, But I won't. But I love being around worthy Priesthood holders and righteous Daughters of God. I love that my friends are in tune with the Spirit or working to be. I just love my friends :)
 Well, that's all for tonight. It's taken me a while to type this, being one handed. God be with you 'till we meet again.  

1 comment: