The Addresses:


Sister Cassidy Cheyenne Steele
Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission
12025 Justice Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 80816

My email is cassidy.steele@myldsmail.net

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cold, Cold, Cold, In Louisiana January 6, 2014


Pretty good week here in Louisiana/Mississippi! Cold....very cold...it's currently 25 degrees out but feels like 15. I have not been this cold since Logan, and even then it's a very different cold. We go walking in the morning to wake up and normally do about a mile, and I got outside and thought "this isn't that bad!" and five seconds later the cold sort of got bone deep and I was rethinking my previous statement.
As for the week, it was really good! We're out of things to do for pday so we went to the mall and I got a coat that actually fits (that was my Christmas present) and then had a wistful time looking at clothes that would look great with pants. Then we played Egyptian rat screw and until our hands were sore.
Lockdown was Tuesday, and it was also Elder V's birthday, so I made pulled pork and a cake as a surprise for district meeting. We helped one of the Elders' investigators move out, as she's moving to New York, and then saw some of the less active members in the ward, and came home and did a puzzle. We're not done yet, and there were less insults than normal when we do puzzles, but it was fun. It's a 1000 piece puzzle...of a field of tulips.
We challenged the Elders to teach 15 lessons this week (we're supposed to get 20 a week, but that is a goal I have only achieved twice), and they accepted. We were going to do the same, and when last night came for call ins, a miracle had happened. We had taught 22 lessons and the Elders had taught 20!! It was literally the highest numbers this district has ever had, and it's the answer to life AND is divisible by 3. That was really cool.
As for food, I think I had a pbj samich for dinner on New Years. Possibly a breakfast burrito with Tony's. Yeah...you're eating more Cajun food than we are, though last night was awesome. I've developed a passion for spicy food since I came out, and there's this AWESOME hot sauce that uses ghost pepper. Man, that stuff packs some heat. Super good in salsa, though. Also, I've started using habanero peppers instead of bell peppers. I guess it comes with the territory! We did have red beans and rice last Sunday, which was really good. It's getting to be crawfish season though, so that'll come in bunches.
New Years day was just another work day. We tracted, and tracted, and tracted some more, and saw a member and a less-active member. Holidays aren't exactly different than any other day here, and people have stopped signing up for dinners for some reason, so we just work!
Umm....I can't think of much else. I have been working on a study report for the mission issued by president wall on repentance, forgiveness and mercy. There's two sides with 20 scriptures each, and he wrote on the paper that "a paragraph or so for each question [two questions per scripture--doctrine and application] is appropriate." He's writing a book called "Missionary Insights into the Book of Mormon" and I think he wants to incorporate some of our answers into his book. Well, I joke that I'm going to have to just publish my own book because my answers are DEFINITELY not a paragraph long. But you should expect that from me :) It's going to be a novella by the time I'm through.
Aside from that, nothing too special this week!
Love,
Sister Steele 

No comments:

Post a Comment