The Addresses:


Sister Cassidy Cheyenne Steele
Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission
12025 Justice Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 80816

My email is cassidy.steele@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Happy Labor Day Sept 3d


So.....having to use public computers does kind of stink....because that means when so many of our national holidays are on Mondays, we don't get to email :( Oh well! here I am, so all is good.
Let's see.....oh! So guess who I got to go on exchanges for a little this week? Yes indeedy :) Sister Hoskins and I are reunited for a little! I will tell you we went to bed on time, but I won't tell you how late we stayed up talking. There was so much to catch up on, and you know you are really good friensd where this is no gap or awkwardness when you see someone again for the first time in 3 months, just laughter and talking and good memories :)
 These are my girls :) I love them! I have some pretty great posterity.
Hmmmm.....what happened this week? I have like a week and a half to email about, and I still struggle to find something to write about. It's been either really hot or pouring rain this week, and it's supposed to rain the rest of the week. We had a really cool lightning storm last night--dead silent, no rain (at the time), no thunder. Just the clouds lighting up over and over again with lightning for about 20 minutes as we drove home. You don't get those out west.
Sister Ririe was in turn sick this week (I apparently have an immune system to be reckoned with) so we spent Thursday inside. Friday, I was getting cabin fever so I texted Sister Hansen and we went on splits! We left Sister Ririe to sleep at a members and saw one of the people we're working with. It was really fun just to sit and talk to Sister Hansen for a while (for those of you who don't know, that's my mission president's wife...it's nice having her in the area because sometimes we can get to do things like this). also, I found out she has problems with her lefts and rights, just like me. So I'm not the only one!!
Saturday it rained all day (literally ALL DAY) and so my shoes got soaked and Sister Ririe got her first taste of Louisiana rain. but we still saw a few people and then had to go in and do weekly planning because it was the first LSU football game and so no one wanted us over :) Speaking of which........this Saturday. As in 3 days from now we get to go to the home opener at LSU stadium. Be jealous.
Sunday....what did we do? Church was interesting. It always is, especially when the content of the meetings is deep doctrine. It's a big act of faith on our part to invite people to church, because we never know what we're going to get! oh yeah, we went over to our bishop's for lunch, and he made us steak and super good potatoes! It's funny, because the first night sister Ririe was in LA I told her "you don't get too many potatoes down here, it's mostly rice." Almost every dinner appointment we have had in the last 2 weeks we have had potatoes. I've had more potatoes in the last 2 weeks than I have my whole mission combined! But that was fun. then that evening I made peanut butter nutella cookies for our member neighbors who moved in as thanks for the rolls they brought us last week. It was cool because we got to see him sign the closing prayer. Since being on my mission, I've heard English, Spanish, Cajun (which is english mixed with who knows what) Navajo, and signed prayers and they're all so cool! The Spirit is strong with all of them, and it's proof to me that God hears and answers all of our prayers.
Tonight we get to see Sister Baird, as they're in town for a meeting. We're getting frozen yogurt and having fun. Next week, we have a big meeting called specialized training, where we go and president Hansen instructs on a particular aspect of missionary work, and that's combined with the Denham Springs Zone, which is sister Stephens' zone! So I get to see all of my companions who are still in the field in the course of a week. Talk about a tender mercy.
Exchanges were awesome with Sister Hoskins. It was so FUN to sit up and talk! And we still teach really well together too :)
Not too much else for now! I can't think of anything else to say. Hope everything's going well for yall!
Love you!!!!!!
sister steele

No comments:

Post a Comment