The Addresses:


Sister Cassidy Cheyenne Steele
Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission
12025 Justice Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 80816

My email is cassidy.steele@myldsmail.net

Thursday, September 12, 2013

A muddled brain in week 5


My brain always seems to be muddled when I write my emails, so sorry about that. It's like, I go forward and know what I want to say when I leave my house, and then get to the library, read the 10 emails I have in my inbox and the stuff from President, and then sit down to start writing y'all and have no idea what I wanted to say. But I shall write as my brain dictates, so you're all used to it.
In case I didn't say it before, I do say y'all now. It's kind of amusing and sad at the same time. But it's so much easier to say than you guys or anything and now saying anything else just sounds weird.
Second, happy anniversary, parentals!! I hope you had an awesome day. This time last year, we were in Slovakia still! Crazy how life can change in a year.
Third, I know today's a hard day and home is in my thoughts today. It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years since that horrible day when you checked me out of school and the world came crashing down. But if I thought life had changed a lot in 1 year, look how much it's changed in 5. I never thought I'd be the person I am today 5 years ago. I had no idea who I was going to be or what I would be doing, but the Lord really has a better plan for me than I do, because I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Let Nana know she's in my thoughts and prayers today, as are all of you all the time.
Fourth, I don't have time to upload photos but you will have them by later this week I promise. I'm going to get them printed at walmart in half an hour and have them sent home for you. That way you can see all of my crazy life.
Let's see. Dad, it's a really good thing you knew CPR, and thanks for jumping into action. I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy in Bulgaria, and Steve makes some good points about precautions the team should make. That's never a fun outcome, especially on vacation. Hope you're doing alright. I got the postcard from Budapest last week, though! Thanks for following through with that one :) Their mail system did pretty well, since it said it was postmarked on the 26th and I think I got it on the 4th or 5th. I was impressed, anyways. Have fun in San Diego this week.
Mama, the ensigns/new eras would be great! And that photo looks amazing :) I can't print anything here, so I will trade you pictures!
I'm going to send a letter to Landon, so what is the Monsen's physical address, do you know? I'm so proud of him for being baptized. I can't think of anything else I need right now, so just keep on being awesome.
Transfers are next week (wow, I've been out a transfer. Crazy.) but I'm hoping President just lets us be. We have interviews with him this week, so I might just slip in some hints that none of us want to be transferred. If it's going to be anyone, it'll probably be Elder Adkins, since he's been in Natchez for 7 months now. I hope not, because he's hilarious and the four of us have a lot of work to do, but if so, I know he'll be great wherever he goes.
Carrie, good luck at the state fair! You'll be awesome and Mr. Pony looks good :) I'm glad most of the pony drama is over, and that things are looking up for you. Also congrats on Daisy, too! Any word on that technical writing job you mentioned a while ago?
Katie--good luck!! You'll be an awesome student teacher and I'm sure everything will work out for the best. Also, I never hear from you :( you should send an email this week, silly. Everyone else does.
 
Okay, I have to hurry because I still need to write president. But the theme this week was obedience, or rather, that obedience brings blessings. We have been really focusing on having the faith to find people to teach, and being obedient (not that we were being disobedient, but just trying to be obedient with exactness, like the Army of Helaman.). The first half of the week was a bit disappointing, though we were doing alright--we actually got two referrals on Monday night from an amazing lady in our ward who is getting ready to start her fifth round of chemo for breast cancer. Her attitude about everything is amazing. But we went to zone training on Friday and had a lot of ideas we'd had the day before during weekly planning confirmed, and got home from Alexandria and went to work. In two days, because we were going to the Lord more and striving to do everything we can to find people, we have two new investigators and ended up getting about 5 referrals this week, more than we've gotten the entire transfer! It was really amazing to see the Lord's hand working in my life. Mom, if you have to edit this to make it understandable to anyone who hasn't served a mission, I won't be offended. But we sat down last night and sort of had a second weekly planning, though a shorter one, focusing on goals for each person we are working with. I am so excited for this week.
But I have to go, but I'll send pictures this week! Love everyone, stay strong and humble, remember who you are and what you stand for! I know this gospel is true and it will bless the lives of everyone it touches. I know that this is where Heavenly Father wants me to be and I invite EVERYONE to come unto Christ! If anyone wants to learn more, please feel free to write me. Love you love you love you!
Cass
 
PS--funny things you learn in the Louisiana Baton Rouge mission:
How to file a police report.
How to replace a doorknob.
 
Don't have time for the full story, but we are watching a members house/dog while she's gone and we thought the washer had been stolen because her washroom was open and something was gone and boxes were all moved around, so we called the police, filed a report and changed the lock on her doorknob, and then got ahold of her brother only for him to tell us he borrowed her generator that had boxes stacked on top of it so it looked like a washer, and the washer was still there we just couldn't see it. Yup. It was an interesting day, but we got a new investigator for the elders and a referral out of it!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment