The Addresses:


Sister Cassidy Cheyenne Steele
Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission
12025 Justice Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 80816

My email is cassidy.steele@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Things You Learn in Louisiana, Part 66 October 13, 2014


Well SHOOT. It's been a crazy week. I've barely even had time to breathe, let alone do anything else! Life has gotten REALLY REALLY busy really fast. I'm not saying it was all work and no play, but we were DEFINITELY on the go all the time.

However, we did get to go fishing. Twice. We went on Friday (I'll explain in a second) and then again this morning for pday. Our ward mission leader, Bro Ribando, is a crazy Italian who has a pond outside his house that he keeps stocked with perch and catfish. We didn't have enough time to hook a catfish, but I caught my first fish since....who knows when! I actually caught 3 perch. Elder Jenson hooked a catfish, but the line broke right as he was about to net it. It was SO FUN though. Good bonding time.

Okay. What on earth did we even do this week?

Monday: We played volleyball and dodgeball in the church. Believe it or not, I've actually gotten a little bit better at volleyball. Which isn't that difficult :) But the Assistants and Office Elders came up and we had a party and it was great fun :)

Tuesday: District meeting, and the only full work day we had this week. We saw a cute old lady whose husband has really bad alzheimers, and another really sweet lady who's bedridden so she was grateful for the company. We saw our investigator K, who is doing really well and should come to church this week! And I feel like we did more I just don't remember.

Wednesday: We had MLC (mission leadership council!) It was great, because I got to see sister Hoskins and Sister Baird. I couldn't tell any stories about anything without one of my companions being there, pretty much. It didn't stop me from talking, though because apparently I'm one of those people who talks all the time (if you couldn't tell). It was so fun, even though it was a big long meeting. It was only supposed to go until 3, but we were setting some goals for the mission so it ran an hour late. It was long and my brain was totally fried after. It was good though! I enjoyed it, but then again, I love people. We started another exchange Wednesday in Zachary and had a blast, then came back on Thursday and had a meeting with the zone leaders to plan ztm (zone training meeting.) we were instructing on keeping our lines in the water. So, Friday, we went fishing! Seeing as it had been a long time since I had ever fished, it helped with our instruction.

I just got notice that I'm being logged off in 5 mintues, I don't know if we'll be able to get back on. We may not.
Saturday we had ZTM. The instruction went really well. We also had a child of record get baptized, which was a really good experience.

Sunday we got to meet the ward (finally!) it was so much fun :) we're helping out with the primary program again.

If I can get back on I will elaborate. I have a really funny story to tell! But if not, until next week,
Sister Steele
LOVE YALL!!!!!!!!!





My first fish :)




No comments:

Post a Comment